Start Date: Anticipated end of October or beginning of Nov
End Date: 2021-06-11
Currently Remote working.
We are bringing on a new resource to assist with an end to end COGNOs migration including configuration, developing the reports, migrating the reports from the traditional to new cloud platform. Please see below requirement. Referral appreciation fee is offered! To apply, please provide your resume, availability and rate expectation. For immediate consideration, please respond ASAP.
Phone: (416) 838-8797
ITCAD Tech Inc.
IT Services Vendor for Government of Ontario and Canada
- Bringing on a new resource to assist with an end to end COGNOs migration including configuration, developing the reports, migrating the reports from the traditional to new cloud platform.
- Strong and recent experience in end to end implementation and migration using COGNOs
- COGNOs admin skills, along with BI
- Strong background in cloud technologies and container based cloud hosting experience a must – need to have cloud experience to be considered
- Previous data management experience
- Not looking for a consultant – the resource needs to have actual hands on experience with leveraging approach for migration of COGNOs and container based hosting
- Python experience
- SAS visual analytics a strong asset
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Cognos report development, testing, and server management in Cognos Analytics and Administration v11.1.x
- Data warehousing design and development with focus on extracting, transforming data coming from various data sources and loading into star/snowflake schemas
- Relational databases (Oracle, MS-SQL), data modelling (relational & dimensional), advanced SQL, query optimization, data replication, administration
- Scripting languages (Python, Unix shell)
- Cloud technologies (Azure, Google, AWS, DevOps,Kubenetes, Docker)
- Big data (Hadoop, Spark, Hive)
- Data analytics, SAS Business Analytics , machine learning (integrate AI algorithms in data processing pipelines for detecting anomalies, fraud or any other kind of outliers)
- BI/Reporting (Cognos, SSRS) and Data Visualization tools (SAS Visual Analytics, Power BI, Tableau)
Core Skill and Experience
- Analysis skills for assessment of existing technology solutions, stakeholder analysis etc., at a technical lead level (10+ years).
- Knowledge of BI architecture patterns, best practices, and processes (5+ years)
- Experience in developing Business Intelligence architectural artefacts according to industry standards and methodologies (3+ years)
- Experience in managing successful transition of legacy BI platforms to more modern BI platform on Cloud (3+ years)
- Demonstrated experience in planning and managing Cognos 11 implementation, migration and testing leading to user acceptance of the solution (5+ years)
- Experience in the design and delivery of presentations and workshops to technical and business stakeholders (3+ years)
- Agile/scrum and waterfall methodologies, using tools such as JIRA and Confluence